Saturday, May 13, 2023

Billy Idol

One evening, several months ago, my youngest ran into the room declaring "Billy Idol is having a concert, can we go?!" Sure, lets go see Billy Idol, he is 67 years old after all, how many more concerts will he do before he retires. So I bought two rather expensive tickets and Max and I made the drive to see him. That kid was so excited. I've never actually seen the kid that excited. We would count down the days until I pulled him out of school (which was also an added perk). Now I must say this whole thing is widely out of my comfort zone. Driving by myself (without a navigator), driving in rush hour traffic, finding our hotel and getting to the venue are all things I like to do with my hubby but I put on my big girl pants and we did it. It was truly epic. It was a small venue with 1700 people and we had a blast. Max can always say his first concert was Billy Idol.






No comments: