Tuesday, July 26, 2022

July Summer Evening

 Sean was out of town for the week and I was trying to come up with something fun to do with the kids. It was hot. Daytime outdoor activities were a no-go. I was looking on Marketplace and ran across an antique metal wheelbarrow that a lady was selling. I envisioned it full of potting soil and a cascade of petunias spilling over the edge. It was evening and it was cooling down so we hopped into the truck and went for a little road trip north to pick it up. 

This town in particular was a beautiful drive to get to. It used to be where we would get the parts to keep our ancient lawn mower alive so I drove to this town a couple times during each mowing season. On the way home we stopped at Wendy's for a bite to eat. It had turned into a beautiful evening, nearly dark so we put down the tail gate and ate in the truck bed (with my antique wheel barrow). It was a memorable summer evening with lots of laughter. I wish summer wasn't almost over.

 






No comments: