Wednesday, January 20, 2021

This and That

We celebrated Sean's birthday last month. I try to find something that he wants but hasn't already purchased for himself (which can be difficult). He told me how neat this paint spray can holder was a few months ago and I was able to get one ordered. He can hang it in his shop and clear off all the spray cans of paint that use up one whole table.

 

It's always a challenge to get exercise and sunlight during the winter. We are a family who hibernates in the winter but we've been trying to go for a walk regularly and Bean sure enjoys it!



I wanted to make something for family this year to commemorate 2020. I thought about toilet paper ornaments or dumpsters on fire that I could make with clay but settled on this idea to do a cartoonish caricature of each person with a mask and toilet paper. Some were turned into ornaments for the Christmas tree and others were little shelf sitters. Sure was fun to make and a much needed change from dog sculptures. 

 



This is the last one I did, luckily they got a little better as I did more.

As for hibernating all winter.....I do love a good blanket and video game. The blankets never covered all of me so I had to make sure to wear a warm sweater. That is until I found this wearable blanket. It's so warm! The dogs all swarm to me when I have it on. Most evenings you can find me under this blanket with three dogs sleeping on me while I sculpt. 

 

No comments: