Thursday, November 12, 2020

Cooper, Rockets, Gunieas and Night Show

 Our pandemic pup Cooper finally got to the point where his hair was so long it was starting to get matted on his legs. My plan was to buy a shaver and learn how to shave him at home so I wasn't hauling him into the groomers ever other month. Apparently I put that off too long and decided to let someone who knew what they were doing give it a go. My parents highly recommended their groomer Jessica so I took him in and she worked her magic. Cooper looks like a whole different creature. He has eyes! Who knew? 

 


The fifth graders do a rocketry project each year and this year Greta got to decorate a rocket, put it together and shoot it off. I think it's a fun project for the kids and reminds me of doing the same thing each year when I was a kid in 4H. 

 




So the guinea fowl experiment came to a close last weekend. As you remember I got several guinea keets from the feed store and hatched several more out in the incubator. They were integrated into our chicken flock and all was going fairly smoothly. They were free ranging and returning to roost nightly with the chickens. The only downside is that they were incredibly LOUD. I mean I knew this from the beginning. I was warned by everyone that I told that they were loud creatures. I just wasn't prepared for the constant cackling. It was like we lived in Africa and there were these strange cackling calls all day. I had mentioned to the neighbors that if it ever got too loud for them to let me know. Well, they let me know in a text that it was a bit much. I agreed. I gave them to a guy that had a dwindling flock and needed more. I hope they have a good home. 



With COVID-19 on the rise the school has had to change up a few things. Once of them being the band and choir concerts. The band director came up with the idea to have an outdoor concert at the football stadium. We were all able to socially distance from each other while enjoying music. The kids did a great job! The high school band finished it up with night show. They turned off all of the stadium lights and attached glow sticks to their uniforms and preformed a fun show for us. 







1 comment:

John K said...

I enjoyed shooting Estes rockets too. Glad you got to enjoy the outside band experience and a light show...