Thursday, December 7, 2017

Radio Show

A lady at church approached me and asked if Wesley and I would like to be in the radio show they are putting on for the community. I, being an age that had never seen or heard a radio show, had no idea what she was talking about. She explained that it was like a play but instead of acting we stood at old time square microphones and read our lines from a script. It didn't seem very difficult so I said yes.

It must be said that I'm not a public speaker. I don't like reading in front of people. I have a box and I don't step outside of it very often but I decided a little change is good. Plus I knew Wesley would have fun with it and it would be a memorable thing to do together with him. And it was!

The play was "It's a Wonderful Life" and we all dressed in 1940's clothes and hair styles. I had to look up hairstyles on YouTube and learn how to roll my hair. It was a learning experience. My parents came to see the show and taste all the food. I'm thrilled they came!

 Here's to stepping outside your box!








2 comments:

John and Julie said...

You guys did great! It was fun to see and I'm glad you both tried something new. Food was good too!

Granny Randi said...

That's so cool that you stepped out of your box. So sorry we couldn't be there. Congrats to you and Wesley!