Wednesday, September 6, 2017

And then there were four.

Wesley's been asking for a guinea pig for several months now. I told him he needs to save up his money and then he can buy one. In the mean time I thought I'd see what guinea pigs sold for by going to Craigslist and looking for baby guinea pigs. So I click on the "Pets" link and there as the first listing is a person trying to rehome their Boston Terrier. I had to click on it. Up came three adorable pictures of a sweet one year old female Boston Terrier. Forces beyond my control made me go get my cell phone and text the owner just to see if the dog was good with other dogs. I mean, why even show the add to Sean if the dog wasn't good with other dogs?

Of course the owner texted back immediately saying she was fabulous with other dogs. So there I sat debating whether to ask Sean if we can get another dog. We already had three dogs....Chance our 14 year old terrier mix, Cody the 9 year old lab and Winston the 1 year old Boston. Winston and Chance play a lot together. It consists of Winston chasing Chance around until little old Chance gets tired and lays down on his side. Then Winston tugs at his ears and jumps around him. It's kind of sad. Chance is old and can't play like he used to, he tries though. I'd been thinking we needed a young dog to take the strain off of Chance. Sean agreed. I went and picked up Bean the Boston Terrier on Friday.

Bean is tiny compared to Winston. She's a whopping 12 pounds while Winston is 19. They play and play and play. She's feisty and dominant over Winston. He loves every moment. The older dogs could care less about her arrival.


These two play.....
...and play....
....and then retire to the water dish.
The kids love our little Jelly Bean.
Cody shares his bed.
My typical evening routine. I'm definitely a dog person. Dieter, my parents dog is in this mix, that's why there are five.

2 comments:

Hoofprints said...

Love the pic of you and the pack.

John and Julie said...

Great picture of you with the critters. Dieter is curled up right next to you I see...