Sunday, December 28, 2008

The fun fund

Several months ago I was surfing eBay and ran across someone selling their formula checks. You know, the coupons that the infant formula companies send out on a monthly basis? I still get these Similac coupon/checks every few weeks.....and until recently I would throw them out since I don't need to purchase formula anymore (hallelujah). They aren't much, usually each check is good for $5 off a can of formula and I would get one or two checks at a time. So over the past few months I've been collecting the checks and once I had three or four I would put them up on eBay. The strange thing about all this is that people on eBay bid them up to 50% of their value. Not just occasionally, but always. So every few weeks I post $20 worth of checks and I make $10. It's never much money but I save it up and then yesterday I bought these cute pair of black leather pumps with stuff I normally would just toss in the trash. It's my fun fund. Yea me!

No comments: