Monday, October 20, 2008

A KC Wedding

This weekend we traveled to Kansas City to celebrate one of Sean's friends wedding. We got up bright and early Saturday and loaded everything into the car and were out of here at 9 am. I assumed Wesley would take a nap but I assumed wrong. So for the entire road trip he whined, cried and strained against his car seat unless I was reading or singing to him. Needless to say it was a long trip. Let's just say I'm officially worried about the 14 hour car drive to New Mexico next month.

We got to my sister's house and let Wesley get out and move around for an hour before heading off to the wedding which was on the other side of Kansas City. It was a nice wedding, different but nice. I'd call it a down home wedding. We walked in and everyone was meandering around in a big room, after about 15 minutes the pastor walked in and asked us to clear a small space in the middle of the room and that's where they said their vows and it was over. Took about 5 minutes. We then went into another room with long tables and benches and stuffed our faces on BBQ. The music was loud and the beer was free flowing. It was fun. After a little while though the room started getting hazy with cigarette smoke so Wesley and I headed out to play in the car for an hour while Hubby stayed and chatted it up with some old college buddies.

That night we got back to my sisters house and Wesley decided it was time to party. He stayed up until midnight and would have stayed up later had it been his choice. He only slept in the pack-n-play for 2 hours before figuring out it wasn't his crib. We brought him to bed with us where he kicked Sean and woke up every half an hour for the remainder of the night. It sucked. I think I might have gotten 4-5 hours of sleep. I swear if I mess up his routine he turns into a little crying, anti-sleeping zombie.

We got up Sunday and drove to Independence, Mo to visit the Truman Library. I'll write about that in the next post as it was heavily photographed. Here are pictures of Saturday.

Chilling out before the wedding


The ceremony


Our escape to the quiet, non-smokey car


Dancing and fully awake near midnight


Trying out the dogs cage

No comments: