Friday, May 23, 2008

Road trip time

We are getting ready to leave tomorrow for Kansas City and my sisters wedding. We are only going to be up there for two nights yet I have a huge list of crap that needs to go. You see baby stuff is like my toiletries....it doesn't matter if I'm gone one night or ten nights I still need make up, shampoo, tooth paste and so on. Baby stuff is the same way. I'm kind of worried about how he's going to sleep in the hotel. I called the hotel to see if they had a portable crib and it turns out they have pack and plays available, so we reserved one of those. That's one less thing we have to bring. Although the kid hates sleeping in those things. In fact he's never slept in one. I figure he'll end up sleeping on the spare bed in the room, I just hope he doesn't roll off.

I'm wondering how the wedding ceremony is going to go with Wesley's new found voice. The kid likes to scream, not in an unhappy way, no he just likes to hear himself. So I went to the dollar store and bought him a pile of worthless toys that will be reserved until the wedding with the hopes that they will distract him until the nuptials are completed. I'll be up front as a bridesmaid so Sean is in charge of keeping him quiet. May the force be with you Sean. I'm sure he'll be fine, he's a good kid. I will post pictures when we get back.
I also find it funny we are going to take his red push buggy up there instead of a stroller. We have room for one of them and he sure prefers "driving" everywhere instead of sitting in a stroller. Such a big boy.

No comments: