Saturday, May 2, 2020

The Corona Chronicles entry #11

Day #48

Things have been good. It almost feels normal again. Maybe a new normal? We've all gotten into our own grove and routines have been made. Our state is about to start the first phase of opening up. I think we are all ready for a change and I hope the gradual opening is successful. There is a fear of an increase in Covid19 cases once people start milling around again. I think that's in the back of all of our minds.

Having a birthday during a pandemic really wasn't that much different than having a birthday during normal times. Sean asked me what I wanted to do as he took the day off to spend with me (he's a keeper), I said I wanted gravel to fill the large potholes on the driveway. It had gotten pretty bad so we got a load in the back of the truck and filled all the holes. It's so nice having a smooth driveway.

We haven't eaten out since this whole thing started the middle of March. I had been dreaming of eating mediterranean food from our favorite restaurant for weeks now and decided it was time for some delicious carry out. They make a wonderful vegan eggplant stew and their hummus wins awards so that's what I got. It was SO good and everything felt somewhat normal for a moment....even if the food was delivered to my car window by a woman in a mask and gloves.




Have I mentioned what a wonderful family I have? Well if I haven't in awhile I should. My husband has been very helpful and supportive of my crazy and often expensive hobbies. I mentioned how much I'd love to get that walnut grove fenced in for the goats and he said we should do it. So he went and welded the broken welds on the front pipe fence last weekend and we bought hog panels to attach to it (since the pipe fence does not work to keep goats in).  We also bought a 330 foot roll of cattle fencing to start attaching to the t-posts we installed several years ago. I'm just excited to be moving on this project again, it's a big project though!

The kids made me the best cards. Love these rugrats!

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

So good to talk to you this weekend and help in your birthday celebration giggles! Love to you and your beautiful family.