Friday, June 1, 2018

Smushed

Pulling my car into the garage is pretty much done on autopilot these days. I pull the car out of the garage and expect there to be an empty stall for me to pull into when I return.....right? Well last week I pulled the car in and went inside the house without really thinking about anything and Sean pulls his car in a few hours later. He walks in and tells me that I ran over his car charger (he bought a Chevy Volt that plugs in). Sure enough I ran my car completely over his car charger. Oops! It kind of worked but if you moved the cord it would turn on and off, definitely not a safe option for charging the car overnight.

So he got online to find a replacement and discovered they are $390 (ouch!). Boy did I feel bad! Sean decided he would see if he could just fix it, after all it's just a big electric cord. He's repaired many of those over the years. She he spread out his tools on the table and took the whole thing apart. He shortened the cord by a couple of feet but it's now working great. He's sure a handy guy!


1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Chip of the old block!