Thursday, March 15, 2018

Cucumbers, Reading and Science Fairs

I am so excited and ready for spring! I find myself just lying out in the sun whenever I have the chance. My indoor gardening is going well. The cucumbers are still growing like crazy with several big ones nearly ready to harvest. After three months I feel like I'm getting the hang on this Tower Gardening thing. I'm experimenting with many different plants to see what grows best and have several winners in the spinach and herb department. It's very cool to walk over there and harvest your salad each day.




We've been battling some behavior problems with the kids lately (mainly Greta). They have gotten very used to have regular screen time, whether that's computer, tv or tablet. I don't have too much problem with computer time as long as it's educational but usually it's not educational and more Roblox (their favorite online game). It had gotten to the point that it was a constant question coming out of one of their mouths..."Mom, can I play on my tablet?", "Mom, can I watch a show?", and so on. I hit a point where I couldn't take it anymore and Sean and I decided they needed to earn their screen time. So now they have to read for an hour to have an hour of screen time. This has been particularly helpful on the cold weekends when we are stuck inside. So far so good!


Wesley has made his way through the Harry Potter series and is now on the last book.

This year Wesley entered the Science Fair. It's open to all fourth and fifth graders. He had to research projects and pick one and then present all of the information he gathered on a tri-fold. He chose "How much salt will it take to make an egg float?". He did the experiment and took pictures and then typed out all of his findings to present. There were around 10 entries and he took first place. I'm so proud of him!



1 comment:

Johnboy said...

Thanks for the update and great pictures..