Monday, January 2, 2017

FitBit Pup

Sean's job is offering a health challenge to its workers. It's a website that keeps track of your daily steps, food logs and mental health tests and then gives you points for participating (10K steps = 10 points, food log = 10 points, and so on). Then when you reach 400 points they give gift certificates to Amazon. This is open to spouses too (lucky me!). Now I'd like to say that I'm super active and those 10 thousand steps come easily on the FirBit tracker attached to my hip....but it's not easy. In fact it's super hard to get that many steps in the middle of winter. I will admit that I'm a sloth in the winter. I pretty much hibernate all winter long curled up in a blanket on the couch while sculpting. I've come to terms with this. I'm super active in the spring, summer and fall. I love to garden, and mow and play outside with the kids. But not in the winter. So the problem I'm finding is how to get those 10 thousand steps.

Enter the land shark known as Winston. He's a five month old pup that reigns down terror on all that inhabit his land. He runs and leaps, he plays and fights all while gathering me those treasured steps.


He's a super pup. I shall repay him with a new toy (purchased with my Amazon gift cards he's earning me).

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

I can't stop laughing!