Sunday, November 6, 2016

Puppy Days

We haven't had a puppy in the house since Sean and I got our very first dog together right after we got married in 2001. It's amazing how little I remember about that puppy stage. Winston is growing like crazy, packing on about a pound a week. He is ornery and sweet at the same time. Loves to lick my chin for some reason and then bite it with his tiny piranha teeth. He's lovingly gained the name "piranha pup" because he chomps on anything and everyone he encounters.

He sleeps all the time. Usually on his back. I find it hilarious. His favorite place to sleep upside down right behind me on the computer chair while snoring loudly. He's doing it right now.


I'd like to say the potty training is coming along, but it's not. He must poop eight times a day and at least 2-3 of those are in the house. Unfortunately he likes to poo on the rug by the back door. The rug that is fairly busy in print and camouflages the poo nicely until someone comes along and steps in it. That someone has been me, twice. First time I was wearing shoes and didn't realize I had stepped in it and then proceeded to walk all over the house with my poo shoe. Sigh. This too shall pass. Good thing he's cute.




A quiet puppy is a mischievous puppy.

2 comments:

John and Julie said...

Cute puppy!

Granny Randi said...

He's a cute little menace! Hilde does not miss him!