Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Signs of Spring

The snow is all melted and the green grass is poking up through the ground. I love seeing the big fat buds on the trees and flowers poking up. Signs of spring are everywhere.

The minions are turning into the little predators they become in the spring and have brought me their first kill of the season. A poor Garter snake. I sure wish they would just stop killing everything in sight.


Another sign of spring? The kids are outside all the time. It's lovely. We are on the trampoline at least once a day. I think it's one of the best workouts ever. I thought buying the trampoline would be for the kids but I get just as much out of it as they do. They also have a newfound love of the swing set (it's getting re-stained this spring). They've become brazen enough to jump off the swing while swinging and have contests to see who flies the farthest. They come in with all sorts of scratches and bruises. Fun times!


I wanted to do something with my hair this spring, something different. I didn't want to chop it all off as I've been growing it out for a couple of years now. So I thought highlights would be fun. I haven't had highlights in over a decade. My hair dresser specializes in balayage, which is like traditional highlights but it's painted on with a brush instead of wrapped up in foil. He painted particular strands and then put plastic wrap to keep layers apart. When he was finished painting my hair and plastic wrapping me, I looked like some psychotic Saran Wrap monster.


It lightened up the hair nicely and it looks natural....like I've been out in the sun all summer. He did a great job.  I took a before and after just to see if I could tell a difference.


With spring here I knew it was time for the Cub Scouts to start having their outings. On Friday they went to the local nature center to learn about wildlife we have in our neck of the woods. Then the weekend after next they have their first camping trip. I'm kind of nervous about that one. But like the scout leader said, it's a nice way to "cut the cord". He's sure having fun in Cub Scouts.





1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

Love your hair! It looks fabulous.

I'd love to borrow the minions for a while. I need rodent control for my garden.

Wesley will have a lot of fun on his camp out. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Miss and love you all.