Thursday, December 10, 2015

Holiday Events

As the previous post indicated we went to see Santa last weekend. At the library they have all sorts of things to do with your kids to pass the (extraordinarily long) time before you get to see Santa. Every one in town comes out to this event so there is a two hour wait. It gives us time to make ornaments, eat cookies, look at trains and write letters to Santa.



Afterwards I didn't feel like making dinner so we went out to eat. I always jump at the opportunity to eat out with the family. The kids are learning how to be well behaved little people at nice restaurants. It's taken awhile and tested my patience on more than one occasion but they're doing good.



Wesley had his third grade Christmas program on Tuesday and we were treated to some really nice singing. They did a fabulous job! His class is small and it's fun seeing these kids grow up. I recently bought a nice camera with one heck of a zoom lens on it and left it at home, so here is my horrid camera phone picture from the nose bleed section. I tried.


On the way home from the program we decided to travel south to a really spectacular drive through light show. You turn your radio on to a specific station and the lights are synced with the music. We try to go each year as a holiday tradition. The kids really enjoy it as do I.


1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

I'm glad the kids are enjoying all the holiday occasions. Sorry we're not close enough to join you.