Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sanity Regained

I must apologize for my dreary Christmas poem. It was just one of those days. I'm happy to say a lot has changed in the last forty eight hours! The kids are healthy again! I've completed and shipped all custom Christmas sculptures! Presents to family shipped off! Both kids Christmas parties are finished and I can officially let my hair down. It feels good to have so many projects crossed off. There is just one more day of school and then the kids, Sean and I are home for 19 days with absolutely nothing to do but relax and enjoy each others company. So looking forward to that.

Greta has been accompanying me on my various trips into town for all the last minute Christmas things. You know, like tape. I went to wrap something and all I had was industrial strength packaging tape. This is because whenever I have normal tape in the house it is immediately grabbed by a child and poof, tape everywhere. I kid you not. So I just stopped buying it. I took Greta into Wal-Mart this week to buy tape and wrapping paper. I walked out with $60 dollars worth of stuff I didn't need. This is why I don't even go into Wal-Mart anymore. Greta, of course, persuaded me into taking her out to lunch (it doesn't take much to persuade me). There in the pastry window at Panera was the most heavenly cupcake I've ever seen. It was delicious.


While I'm talking about Miss Greta I should mention she had her Christmas program last week. She's been very clingy and anxious about anything preschool related. So needless to say I was a bit worried about how she was going to handle being up on stage. Turns out I had noting to worry about, she did awesome. I'm so proud of her!



One of our Holiday traditions is making gingerbread houses as a family. They make a gingerbread village with four small houses which works out great for us. The kids had a blast as did Sean and I. The most fun part? Eating them when we are done. Gingerbread houses don't last long in our house as decorations.....not with three dogs with great sniffers.




1 comment:

Barb said...

So glad you're all doing better! Love the gingerbread houses.