Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

We had a really nice Labor Day weekend. It's amazing how much it feels like Fall out there already. I'm really ready for Fall. I haven't done a monthly challenge in awhile and decided to do a sugar free month again. Last time I did it I lost six pounds (I think) and it would be nice going into Fall a little lighter. The key to this challenge is just bypassing the sugar filled isles at the grocery store. I still get ice cream for the kids and hubby since it doesn't interest me. Day 2, so far so good.

We did a few home improvements this weekend including installing a new kitchen faucet. The old one was dripping and driving me insane. The new one is super cool, has a industrial feel to it. I hope it holds up better to heavy use (aka: kids using it) better than the old one.  I also picked up a few new floor lamps while at Lowe's. Our living room is super dark at night which makes it difficult to sculpt and paint. It's so nice to be able to see what I'm doing! Now we need to tackle siding when it cools down. Some of the siding above the garage that we replaced when we moved in is already rotting again. I wonder if everyone has to deal with rotten siding all the time?

I took a road trip with the kids on Saturday to visit my sister and see their new house. Sean stayed home to babysit the insane dog, feed animals and get stuff done on his car projects. My sisters new house is super beautiful, I'm really excited for them. They live within a short walk to a playground, pool and walking paths. I don't know if I could live in the city again but with kids that would be a bonus for sure. I'm really happy for them.

The kids played really well together (it was crazy and loud of course). My kids sure like their cousins.







My sister hadn't had the awesome opportunity to see the Beard Booth app on my phone so I gave her and Emery a beard.  Now that's some funny stuff.  At least I think so. ;-)

1 comment:

Granny Randi said...

So I can now knit with light! Way cool! I don't know how you have sculpted with almost no light!

Love the new pictures!